Monday, October 14, 2013

The Best of Arkansas Series Premiere: Paris

So I've made a new discovery. There's a film crew going from town to town and making tourism/documentary television episodes for use by the community as a promotional tool and airing them on television as well. Clever model. Anyway, the first town to receive this treatment was Paris, Arkansas.

I heard about the event from the Master of Ceremonies himself, Mr. Jim Reynolds, who asked me if I'd join him and capture some footage of the event. I gladly obliged, and got the wonderful chance to meet the man behind the curtain of this intriguing project, Ray Bertram, and I even got to record an interview. What a fantastic guy. Ray is the visionary behind Blind Man's Bluff Productions, An accurate name, given he's legally blind. "Not seeing-eye dog blind, but legally blind" is how the man himself puts it. He's kind, patient, and a bit sage in his mannerisms, and I can say that the care he puts into the people in Paris is equally apparent in his work.

I'll be putting together a video of the event and uploading it to arklahomavision.com if all goes well. So for all of you who want to see what's afoot in the foothills of Mt. Magazine, and on its way to the Waldron area very soon, please keep your eyes peeled!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mb5IKmI2dr0

No comments:

Post a Comment